Our client Deutsche Post DHL is the world's leading mail and logistics group that employs approximately 500.000 employees in over 220 countries. The SUPPLY CHAIN Division delivers customized logistics solutions for its customers based upon globally standardised modular components including warehousing, transport and value-added services. For the newly established solution design competence centers of the division in Bonn, Madrid and Warsaw we are looking for
Logistics Solutions Design Manager
Working as One Team with Business Development and other key business functions, the Senior Solution Designer will develop and design supply chain solutions for complex projects in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The incumbent must govern the Solution Design work stream to ensure efficient and consistent delivery of high quality solutions.
He/she will analyse supply chains to identify opportunities for optimization and risk mitigation and model scenarios of current and future operational solutions and present and advice alternative cost benefit analysis and value models.
He/she will develop commercial framework for proposed solution with Business Development and Key Account Managers in order to meet the division's growth, contract retention and continuous improvement goals.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Industrial Engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience in Logistics or Supply Chain
- Extensive experience of different industry sectors/customers/products/practices
- Technical ability to lead the solution design workstream on multiple/complex projects
- Knowledge in: Product Flow, Warehouse Layout, Resource Modelling and Planning, Packaging, Storage and Pick Strategies
- Very good knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking; data manipulation and mathematical optimization skills are essential to this role
- Have a systematic, structured and consistent approach to build a solution based on facts and validated assumptions when necessary
- Resilience to work toward tight deadlines
- Knowledge in the bidding process - how to respond to a Request for Quotation
- Project management skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders - externally with customers and internally
- Proficiency in English (any other European, African or Arabic language appreciated)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Please send us your application documents online or via email.