Our client Deutsche Post DHL is the world's leading mail and logistics group that employs approximately 500.000 employees in over 220 countries. The SUPPLY CHAIN Division delivers customized logistics solutions for its customers based upon globally standardised modular components including warehousing, transport and value-added services. For the newly established solution design competence centers of the division in Bonn, Madrid and Warsaw we are looking for
Supply Chain Solution Designers
Working as One Team with Business Development and other key business functions, the Solutions Designer will develop and design facility/ warehouse solutions for customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa. As work stream leader the incumbent will govern the Solution Design process to ensure efficient and consistent delivery of agreed requirements and manage critical path tasks, risks, issues and mitigations with customer and internal stakeholders.
He/she will validate customer solutions are based on existing benchmarks & best practice and conduct sensitivity analysis and stress testing to support "future proofing" of proposed solutions. He/she drives and supports development of new / innovative services and solutions to meet customer needs and help meet the division's growth, contract retention and continuous improvement goals.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Logistics or Supply Chain
- Knowledge in: Product Flow, Warehouse Layout, Resource Modelling and Planning, Packaging, Storage and Pick Strategies
- Very good knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking; data manipulation and mathematical optimization skills are essential to this role
- Consultative - align the approach to what the customer wants
- Have a systematic, structured and consistent approach to build a solution based on facts and validated assumptions as necessary
- Resilience to work toward tight deadlines
- Knowledge in the bidding process - how to respond to a Request for Quotation
- Project co-ordination skills
- Business Proficiency in English (any other European, African or Arabic language appreciated)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Please send us your application documents online or via email.
In case of any questions please contact
+49 151 14280736